If you ever have computer problems:
Now with that out of the way, progress through this checklist and you will be fine.
If your computer starts behaving oddly or does not seem to be working correctly:
- Save all your work (if you can)
- Exit out of any and all programs you are running.
- Shut your computer down completely and make sure it is turned off.
- Wait about 30 seconds and turn the computer back on.
This will fix about 80-90% of the day to day problems you may encounter if not...
- Have you changed anything? This includes:
- Adding new software
- Removing Software
- Changing your system settings
- Upgrading an existing piece of software
- Any/All of these can cause problems.
- Try returning your settings to the way they were or un-installing the software.
If your computer will not turn on:
- If there has been a power failure recently, Unplug the computer from the wall/power strip for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Check the computer's wires.
- Make sure that they are all plugged into the appropriate port(s).
- If you find a wire or a plug that is damaged, or you are not sure where it goes, Contact Information Systems.
If none of this solves the problem, or you are unsure how to proceed, Contact Information Systems.